Friday, September 7, 2012

Early Nights, Late Mornings

In the last five years, I have discovered a startling fact about myself. I am a home body, and I am okay with that. In some respects, I am saddened by this fact. Judging by my age, I should at least miss getting dolled up and going out. On occasion, I do feel the urge to shake things up. Usually, my friends and I will get exceptionally fine, go to a social gathering, and talk to each other over loud music. On most nights, like this one, I sit at home with my husband and we watch television. If we're really adventurous, we may even go out to eat or to a movie, maybe both. Otherwise, we are perfectly happy to spend Friday night on the couch.

This is where the title for the blog comes in. Both of our jobs are very demanding. By the time Friday afternoon comes, we are both exhausted. Friday is like a cool breeze on a sweltering day. We both sigh. . .aaaah when we hit the door on Friday afternoons. Weekends are the best. The early nights and late mornings that we wish we could enjoy Monday through Sunday, but that's just not how life works. We have to rise and grind Monday through Friday. But Friday night, it's time to watch some Comedy Central, snack on popcorn, and doze off around 9 o'clock. For me, that's the best.
Late Nights Early Mornings by Masha Ambrosius

No comments:

Post a Comment